Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Art Educators Web 2.0


I was looking at the website Brooklyn Museum of Art and found an interesting interactive in which they taught about the artist Basquiat.  There was an interactive timeline of his work, in which they used video clips and interactive clickable teachings. The site also gives the students an opportunity to create their own artwork with a virtual paintbrush or pencil. There is also option to view the online gallery. The technology helps students because it very inactive and not only allows to learn about the artist and his work, but create their own work and view others work. I liked how there were themes of his artwork in this website, such “justice and equality” and “cultural identity”  so I could see myself using this technology to supplement an overall theme that I was trying to teach, for example a theme on cultural identity.
For my webquest I really want to focuss on bringing art to the students that wouldn’t be accessible to them otherwise. I want to make them realize that art is all around them, so I playing with either the idea of making a webquest that is almost like an interactive museum, so that the students can learn more about art history. However, I want to make it relatable to them as well, so I also would like to add a component about art in their everyday life and incorporate their interests such as sports or after school activities.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment