Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blog 2

    
5 Area's Important for My Student's to Grasp in a Future Classroom

1. Have my students question the world around them through exploration
2. Have my students work in a variety of mediums and technologies
3. Have my student's develop their own opinions/taste of art work
4. Create a environment in which students feel they can openly discuss culture/ real world topics
5. Have my students grow as artists and develop their technique

One of the reasons that I really want to teach art is because in my high school art class, I not only enjoyed the subject of art and the process of art making, but I also enjoyed the open-minded and accepting environment that my art teacher created. She really taught me to use art as a form of expression and to view the world from an artist's point of view. I want to teach my students how to dissect their everyday life through an artist's perspective and question the world around them through exploration. I really want to promote this idea of "play" that is so crucial to art-making, but I think as a society we forget to "play" and explore. I also feel as though the art room can be used as a vehicle to discuss issues in society freely through art, and I want to create a classroom in which there is an open dialogue between students.





<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/28WfI5M2VYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment