Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blog 3



-->
I think my idea's in blog #1 about incorporating technology in the classroom really coincide with my ideas on what I would like my future classroom to be like. One of the major components of my teaching philosophy is exploration in art through different mediums. I think that this could be greatly achieved by using different technologies that I discussed in blog #1. It is important for my to give every student an opportunity to express themselves through whatever medium they feel suits them both. For some students it may be using a piece of paper and a pencil, while others may feel as though using photoshop works better for them. I think as a teacher it is my job to provide the students with different opportunities to try out different mediums so they can grow as artists. It is really important that my students keep an open mind, which is what I was trying portray through my animation, and I think by providing them with different opportunities helps to encourage this.


I also talked in my teaching philosophy about how I want my classroom to be a collaborative setting where students feel comfortable and they can openly discuss things. In my blog #1 I talked about a possible project with the I/O brush in which students could collaborate and go into nature and use the brush to get various textures and then go back to create an art project. I think that there would ample opportunities to use new technology with students in groups, which would again foster this community setting in the art room.



No comments:

Post a Comment